Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Sweet Baby Girl




So just a quick update... I don't have much time these days to really be on the computer for long stretches. Our little girl is here!! I wanted to share with everyone, and post a couple pictures of her. She is beautiful and beyond amazing. God truly blessed us with her... I couldn't ask for more. She was born 1-24-09 at 10:12 am. I was in labor for a little over 12 hours, my goal was to go as natural as possible. (although not opposed to an epidural). I made it till it was time to push, and than was given a coddle block (not sure I'm spelling that right, not even really sure what that is lol). I am so mad I didn't make it all the way.... almost. My mom keeps telling me I did all the hard part naturally... just towards the end, nobody was checking me to see how dilated I was, last I knew was 1 cm 80% effaced... then all of the sudden I had the urge to push and could seriously have like squatted and pushed her out!! I kept telling the nurses I had to push (more yelling it at them) and they kept telling me not yet.... I finally started to squat next to the bed (I hadn't laid in bed at all till actual pushing, it felt better to stand the whole time) and the nurse said to page the doctor, and she finally checked me. Guess what she told me? "It's time to have this baby!". Seriously!!! I knew it was!! lol Oh well, the nurses were amazing, one in particular.... my husband and mom were by my side the entire time and I couldn't have done it without them and their support. My sister even made it 90% of the time in the room with me to capture it all with pictures and video. I had an amazing support team.
So our little Savannah McKenzie is here, 6 lbs 0.5 ounces. 18 1/2 inches. Perfect. The first week was a long one, she has jaundice, so we were back and forth between doctor appointments and labwork, and the lactation consultant for me daily. Thank goodness my parents stayed almost that whole first week with us, couldn't have done it without them!! She is 15 days old, and we still have so much to learn. It's hard and sooo exhausting, but she is definetely worth every minute. She makes my heart full.... even when she won't sleep in her cradle at night and forces mommy to sleep with her.... waking up with her snuggled up next to me is the best feeling in the world. It's incredible how much you can fall in love with someone so fast. She is my whole entire world....

Here are some pictures of her....


p.s
My great-grandma died about 9 hours before Savannah came into our lives. My gramma swears that she got to hold Savannah in Heaven and brought her down with the angels to us......




















No comments:

Post a Comment